Job fair essentials
A job fair is a great opportunity to talk to numerous employers at one time and place. Job fairs allow individuals to learn more about specific companies and careers. Additionally fairs are a great way to talk to a company representative instead of just mailing in or submitting a resume online. Consider the following tips for visiting a job fair:
- Dress as if you were going on an interview.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume (25-35).
- Know (or have with you) all the information you will need to fill out a job application.
- Have names and phone numbers of at least 3 professional references with you.
- Practice with friends ahead of time introducing yourself (including shaking hands) to employers.
- Research any employer for whom you are interested in working.
- Look neat and clean.
- Bring business cards (if you have them).
- Be prepared to talk positively about your skills and abilities.
- Know what types of jobs you're interested in pursuing